If you will download the Agent Consent Application, we at B.F. Warren can act on your behalf and obtain all permits required.

Click here to view Agent Consent Application

We can help you save time by arranging for the required permits. There are two permits that you will need and you should get them in the following order:

  1. CAMA Permit (includes the Adjacent Riparian Property Owner Statement, below, which is the first step in obtaining the CAMA permit)
  2. County Building Permit

Adjacent Riparian Property Owner Statement: In most cases you will need to obtain the Adjacent Riparian Property Owner Statement signed by your neighbors before construction. Always obtain the ARPOS before you contact CAMA to visit your property. In the ARPOS statement you will describe and or draw the proposed project and the property owner will certify that he has no objections to your plan as presented. If he does object and refuses to consent, and you have complied with regulations for your project, you may appeal to CAMA and they will visit your property and make an adjudication on the appeal.

Click here to view Adjacent Riparian Property Owner Statement

CAMA Permit. If your project satisfies one or more of the following tests you’ll need a CAMA (Coastal Area Management Act) permit:

  • It is in one of the 20 counties covered by CAMA (Click here to view counties covered by CAMA.)
  • It is considered “development” under CAMA (“Development” includes activities such as dredging or filling coastal wetlands or waters, and construction of marinas, piers, docks, bulkheads, oceanfront structures and roads. For complete information about permits and exemptions, visit CAMA’s Web site)
  • It is in, or it affects, an Area of Environmental Concern established by the Coastal Resources Commission
  • It doesn’t qualify for an exemption.Disclaimer:  Information pertaining to rules and regulations were obtained from the NCDENR CAMA website.  The material on our page reflects our understanding of their laws and regulations.  Federal, state, and local laws are subject to change  and may not be up-to-date on our website.  If you need definitive advise contact your local CAMA agent at the nearest NCDENR office.
  • Local Building Permit. You’ll need a local building permit. We can pick that up for you at your county building inspector’s office.